1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2014 12:45 AM by try67

automate bookmarking

PaulVAE Level 1

Hi There!

Hoping someone can help me with a batch action. I create maintenance and user manuals using the combine function from a pool of potential sub-documents.

When the document is compiled there are a few tasks I have to do manually and am wondering if they can be automated.

For the bookmarks, I create one for each page section. can this be done automatically? The ones which are automatically added when I combine the files are not zoomed correctly.

I would like to be able to run an action which does the following

deletes all bookmarks

creates a bookmark, zoomed to fit page for each page with a specific font and size, in this case Helvetica63-ExtendedMedium in 24pt. Using the text in that font as the bookmark title

Can this be done please?

Many thanks

Paul

• 1. Re: automate bookmarking
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

- deletes all bookmarks

That's easily done using a script.

- creates a bookmark, zoomed to fit page for each page with a specific font and size, in this case Helvetica63-ExtendedMedium in 24pt. Using the text in that font as the bookmark title

Not really possible. You can add bookmarks using a script, but you can't really set their zoom level (although there are ways around that), and you also can't search the file for text in a specific font (although you can find out the text's size, more or less).