8 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2014 6:35 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 3.0 /

Kabue

Hello

I try to install my Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 again. But, i can't active my code for a components (activate encoder). But following message appears:

we are sorry, mpeg-2 activation for adobe premiere elements 8 or earlier is no longer available. Owners of older versions are eligible for upgrade pricing.

But i do not want a new version. Is it still possible to use ADE 3.0? it is a registered and legally purchased version for xp? 

Thank you for a short info.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0 /
          bitm07 Level 1

A "How to activate MPEG2 Component in Premiere Elements 3.0" tread link is below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/2182778#2182778

Hope this helps

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0 /
            Barbara B. Level 7

Moving this to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0 /
              A.T. Romano Level 7

kabue

What computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2 on?

The older information on MPEG2 activation (2009) in Premiere Elements 3 is apparently not going to help you in this 2014 situation.

Your problem with MPEG2 activation today in Premiere Elements 3 is a known problem. I have not seen an answer to it. And, the answer seems to have come from Adobe already

we are sorry, mpeg-2 activation for adobe premiere elements 8 or earlier is no longer available. Owners of older versions are eligible for upgrade pricing.

Possible factors to look at

a. Have you installed the 3.0.2 Update

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 update

b. Right click the Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2 desktop icon and select Run As Administrator besides running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.

c. Have you used the program previously on another computer and is that other computer still available? If so, install the program on that computer to determine if the MPEG2 activation matter exists there.

d. Do you have the issue if you export to a MPEG file as well as try to burn to disc DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc? And, do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2?

Please review and then let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0 /
                Kabue Level 1

Hello

Thanks for all the info :-)

The Update to 3.0.2 has solved the problem. So i can work again :-D  

Should I have a new problem, I will notify again.

Thanks for the help

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0 /
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Kabue

Thanks for the follow up with the great news of success with the MPEG2 Activation issue of Premiere Elements 3.0.

Yours is a major contribution since this is the first report that I have seen where a user found the 3.0.2 Update to be the key to resolving the MPEG2 Activation issue in spite the Adobe pronoucement about the non availability of the MPEG2 Activation for Premiere Elements 8 and earlier.

Good job in follow through.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0 /
                    Kabue Level 1

Hello ATR

You were right. :-(

The error box disappeared and I could work and save the perl date. But as soon as I wanted to convert it, I had the error message again.

So I will continue, according to instructions, and try to solve the problem.

I will report back

Wishes

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0 /
                      Kabue Level 1

Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 avi format.jpg

Hello

At First - I'm still working on the same computer, so I can not use a copy. The program is executed with administrator rights.

But I could created an avi format film (according picture - german version). DVD Format was for 8 years usually, today is avi or mkv ok for me.

The Problem is for me solved, but it is not solved if someone really wants to create a dvd directly via APE.

Thanks in any case for all inputs and opinions

rgs

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0 /
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Kabue

Thanks for the report. Sorry the news was not better about the MPEG2 situation in your Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2.

It would appear that Adobe has "pulled the plug" on this with its "MPEG2 Activation is no longer available for Premiere Elements 8 or earlier" message. I do not know why they would do that.

If you can export to .wmv, one workaround might be to take the exported .wmv to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with Windows DVD Maker (if on your computer) or some other DVD-VIDEO authoring program.

I will continue to watch for further developments in this area. Perhaps Adobe Staff might be browsing this forum, see these threads, and give us some input on how users can continue to use the Adobe product of choice and not be forced in a later version.

To be continued...

ATR