2 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2014 6:17 AM by Russellh79

Creating a Form from Scratch can't size txt fields without it changing everyone on the form?

Russellh79

I am creating forms from scratch using adobe pro in creative cloud.  I am adding txt fields and I change the label size but it auto adjusts to align them all together.  Anyway to stop that?

Also I would like underlines instead of boxes?  Is that possible or am I going to have to create all these forms in excel and transfer?  Or is there a better pdf form creating software?

• 1. Re: Creating a Form from Scratch can't size txt fields without it changing everyone on the form?
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

If you are using Adobe FormsCentral, you could try to use the Field Properties panel "Label Position" if you like the label on a different position per field.

The auto adjust to align them is expected.

>>Also I would like underlines instead of boxes?

This is not possible.  And you will not be able to import an excel file into FormsCentral.

>>Or is there a better pdf form creating software?

You may want to try Adobe Acrobat and see if this product meets your needs.

See the Acrobat forum: https://forums.adobe.com/welcome and select Acrobat in the drop down list.

Thanks

Lucia

• 2. Re: Creating a Form from Scratch can't size txt fields without it changing everyone on the form?
            Russellh79 Level 1

Hey Lucia,

Thanks for the help.  I have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.  Form Central is a part of it.  I started to watch a 10 min Youtube video and the first 5 seconds told me what I needed to know.  "Don't bother trying to create forms inside of Adobe.  Use a Word Processor to create the form that you want and then select to create a form from that document."

I did that and got all that I wanted - check boxes and all by using microsoft word to create the form.  Then I just had adobe create a form from it and walla.  Underlines instead of boxes....Labels not aligned unless I wanted them to.  It is just a shame that the form builder inside adobe doesn't have those capabilities built in.

Thanks again!

P.S.  You can create a form from an excel document!  Not as nice as you would think to build forms in there though.  Word 2010 was much cooler once I turned the developer tab on for the extra cool features.

There has to be a form building software out there that blends the 2 together for the best of both worlds.