2 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2014 8:10 AM by ipicus

Very simple! Very Stuck, HTML / ActionScript issue

ipicus Level 1

I have not used flash for many many years, and i'm stumped on a basic thing, I can do this in action scripted but its all changed and I need to output as html and none of my action script works. If anyone could help I would be very grateful! 

What I need to create is: a button when you hover over the button it tells a movie clip on the stage to goto and stop a frame, when you click the same button it tells the main time line to goto and stop a frame. In action script it works but Im not very good with it or Java and after html output nothing works. Please help been poking around for ages!

• 1. Re: Very simple! Very Stuck, HTML / ActionScript issue
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What is the code you are using that is not working?

• 2. Re: Very simple! Very Stuck, HTML / ActionScript issue
            ipicus Level 1

Hi Ned, heres a set of actions, basically a movie instance on the stage changes depending which of the two buttons you hoverover and when you click the either button it takes you to different points on the main stage, hope that makes sense, I pretty sure my script could be cut down abit too, but just having it work in js would be a good start!

stop();

YesButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, fl_MouseOverHandler_1);

function fl_MouseOverHandler_1(event:MouseEvent):void {

dog.gotoAndStop(3);

}

YesButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_MouseClickHandler_1);

function fl_MouseClickHandler_1(event:MouseEvent):void {

gotoAndStop(35);

}

NoButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, fl_MouseOverHandler_2);

function fl_MouseOverHandler_2(event:MouseEvent):void {

dog.gotoAndStop(1);

}

NoButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_MouseClickHandler_2);

function fl_MouseClickHandler_2(event:MouseEvent):void {

gotoAndStop(3);

}