• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Flash player on android tablet using chrome web browser. Please help!

New Here ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a android galaxy note tablet and I am unable to download flash player. I have Chrome as my web browser and still nothing. Does anyone know of a work around for this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

This is the best option for Android and iOS users that want to run Flash Player:

Puffin Web Browser - The fastest mobile browser with Flash support over cloud on iPad, iPhone and Android.

Puffin runs Flash Player on servers in the cloud, and streams the results back to your phone.  You get an up-to-date Flash Player, without needing to do anything sketchy to your mobile device.

The other options require you to side-load an old unsupported version of Flash Player for Android that's missing 2+ years

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

msreesa27 wrote:

I have a android galaxy note tablet and I am unable to download flash player. I have Chrome as my web browser and still nothing. Does anyone know of a work around for this issue?

In a word, "No".

There is no more Flash Player for Android and there won't be another. Android is no longer compatible with Flash Player since June of 2012.

Historically:

2008 (March) - Apple® releases the first iPhone, using iOS®. Steve Jobs is insistent and adamant that iOS® is NOT compatible with Flash® and NEVER WILL BE. Jobs' reasoning is that playing Flash® content is processor consumptive and it drains batteries, thus shortening the life of them in mobile devices. In six years, that hasn't changed. Not for the iPhone®, iPad® or iPod® Touch™. It never will change and there never will be a Flash Player® for iOS®.

2008 (September) - Google® introduces Android™ to compete with iOS®, for people who don't want to pay what Apple® is asking for an iPhone®. Android®, unlike its Apple® counterpart IS compatible with Flash®.

2012 (June) - Android™ (Google®) announces the end of support for Flash® with Android™ 4.3. Going forward NO Android™ devices will be compatible with Flash®, but older versions on older devices can still be loaded with "legacy" builds still available from Adobe®. Android™ (Google®) cites the same reason Apple® did for the decision to end support for Flash®. Adobe® continues to release security patches to Flash Player® for Android™ until September 2013, announcing the "end of life" for Android™ Flash® September 10.

Android (Google) recommends youu se either Dolphin or Puffin as your browser if you must view Flash content, but they try to discourage it for the above outlined reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Andriod operating system do you have? This video may help.  You will need to install Dolphin browser (you can find this in the Andriod Play Store).

Click here  =>  Install Adobe Flash Player on Android Kitkat 4.4 - YouTube 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the problem with Android is that it can't be done on any stock android browsers ex. Chrome or Browser/Internet. To use adobe flash you need to use a different browser ex.Dolphin Browser. Most browsers work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the best option for Android and iOS users that want to run Flash Player:

Puffin Web Browser - The fastest mobile browser with Flash support over cloud on iPad, iPhone and An...

Puffin runs Flash Player on servers in the cloud, and streams the results back to your phone.  You get an up-to-date Flash Player, without needing to do anything sketchy to your mobile device.

The other options require you to side-load an old unsupported version of Flash Player for Android that's missing 2+ years of security fixes at this point.  Installers available from 3rd party app stores repackage flash and frequently contain malware.  Either way, you're leaving yourself vulnerable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines