The quickest way to get to the core of the matter is with details specific to your situation. Included in the many questions....
1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?
2. Is your problem "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?
3. What are the properties of your source media that you are importing into the project? Before you begin the editing process, what is your project preset which should match the properties of your source media?
4. What are the specifics for your "save edited clips" - Publish+Share and then what? Where are you saving the edited clips to, and how much free hard drive space is at that location? Are you getting error messages associated with the failure to save edited clips?
5. When you start a new project, are you able to save that project.prel file if you leave the project in the Edit phase and save/close?
Let us start here and then decide what next.
Thanks for the reply. I am using Premiere Elements 12 on a Windows 7 platform with 800GB available. Presets are auto and I've had no trouble before . Data comes from a Canon GL2 digital camera. Here's what I do. Open and name a new project. Download a very short clip about 30 seconds. I duplicate the clip Then click on "File and Save. In one clip I pan and zoom to the action on the left edge of the frame. Click on file and save. In the other clip pan and zoom to the right edge. Click on File and save. Both clips play accurately in the Monitor. Then had to shut down; clicked file and save then closed program. When I retrieved the file it contained only the original download none of the edits.