3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2014 2:23 AM by David_Powers

CS6 Tutorial

sherio8358 Level 1

I am working through Creating your first website-Part 3: Styling the header and navigation menu.  I am attempting to style the heading with an Edge Web Font but when I click F12 I do not get the expected results to the text "Check".  It actually still looks like it does in Design View.  Any ideas to what I am doing wrong?  Thank you.

• 1. Re: CS6 Tutorial
          David_Powers Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Without seeing any of your code, it's very difficult to say. One possibility is that you're not connected to the internet or that your internet connection is very slow. The Edge Web Fonts need to be downloaded from a remote server.

Another possibility is that your browser is blocking the font. Edge Web Fonts use JavaScript to trigger the download. Internet Explorer often blocks JavaScript from running locally unless you allow it to run scripts.

• 2. Re: CS6 Tutorial
            sherio8358 Level 1

You are amazing David!  It was my browser blocking JavaScript from running.  Thank you so much!  By the way, this is a great tutorial!

• 3. Re: CS6 Tutorial
              David_Powers Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

That was a lucky guess.

By the way, it will affect the site only locally. When the same site is viewed over the internet, the browser won't block the JavaScript.

Glad you're finding the tutorial helpful.