1 Reply Latest reply on May 8, 2014 7:57 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I use pan and zoom an a rotated image

henrik_g

Hi,

I added an image to my timeline and rotated it 90 degrees, which works great and I can play the movie. But when I try to add a pan and zoom effect the image appears non-rotated in the pan and zoom tool. This makes it impossible to add the effect.

Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Henrik

• 1. Re: How do I use pan and zoom an a rotated image
          A.T. Romano Level 7

henrik

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now I will assume Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Please review the following and determine if any of it works for you.

The Premiere Elements Pan and Zoom workspace's major monitor traces back to the original image saved to the computer hard drive and not to the import (or edits of it) on the Timeline just before you select the image and Pan and Zoom Tool.

1. If you are going to rotate the image anyway, rotate it in Windows Explorer before you import it into Premiere Elements. Then when you get to the Pan and Zoom Tool workspace, the image will present in the rotated version.

2. However, although the Pan and Zoom workspace's major monitor will show the image before rotation, the bin below that window will show the individual frames in the rotated state. So, I see no problem, in integrating the work in the Pan and Zoom workspace's major monitor with what you are seeing in the rotated counterpart in the bin.

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome. If necessary, we can discuss the workflows further if I have overlooked a consideration.

Thank you.

ATR