4 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2014 10:52 AM by Romsinha

compability issues with current creative cloud and CS6

KatMC

New to Adobe, are there any compability issues with current creative cloud and CS6?  Due to other software restraints/requirements, I will be using an ESD version of CS6 and I will be working with others who are currently using CC.  Will there be any issues sharing files or such between the two?

• 1. Re: compability issues with current creative cloud and CS6
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Exactly what files?

Some data files SHOULD share between old and new... a JPG is fairly common

Data files that are created or edited by CC programs MAY not be backward compatible due to new features in CC that are not present in CS6

PROJECT files are VERY likely not backward compatible due to new features in CC that are not present in CS6, such as a Premiere Pro project file

SO... your question is too broad to answer

• 2. Re: compability issues with current creative cloud and CS6
            KatMC Level 1

Thank you John for getting back to me.  I did write the question broadly due to my level of experience with CS6 and CC (almost none).  However, your answer is exactly what I was looking for and really appreciate your feedback.

• 3. Re: compability issues with current creative cloud and CS6
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have questions about specific files, created/edited by specific program, you should go to that forum

This forum is about the Cloud as a delivery process, not about using individual programs

If you start at the Forums Index https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

You will be able to select a forum for the specific Adobe product(s) you use

Click the "down arrow" symbol on the right (where it says All communities) to open the drop down list and scroll

• 4. Re: compability issues with current creative cloud and CS6
                Romsinha Adobe Employee

Hi KatMC,

Many of the Creative Cloud desktop applications provide the ability to export files to the Creative Suite 6 version of that same application. Creative Suite 6 products are available via a perpetual software license.

Adobe plans to continue to support the ability to export to Creative Suite 6 in the applications that have that capability now.

The following applications support the ability to export to the CS6 version of the application:

• Photoshop
                • InDesign®
                • Illustrator
                • Flash® Professional
                • Dreamweaver®
                • After Effects®

Applications not listed here may not support exporting to Creative Suite 6, and may not do so in future releases.

New features added to the above list after Creative Suite 6 may not be supported in the exported file, or by the Creative Suite 6 application.

Regards,

Romit Sinha