10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2014 8:05 PM by A.T. Romano

Stop audio looping in PE 12

Dippy_Dick

The audio in a mp4 file plays outside of PE just fine. Once it's in PE12, the audio starts repeating several minutes into the clip and actually overrides the audio that's there

• 1. Re: Stop audio looping in PE 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dippy_Dick

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

What are the properties of the mp4 files with associated problematic audio? What are you or the program setting as the project preset to match the properties of the import? If you did a mini test export of that Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive, is the audio in the problem state?

Have you rendered the Timeline content to assure the smoothness of the Timeline content playback in the Edit area monitor? That is, is the video portion having its problems while the audio portion is?

Are you letting the import conform if need be before moving into the project...see bottom right of workspace for conforming bar in progress.?

Please review and consider.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Stop audio looping in PE 12
            Dippy_Dick Level 1

I'm using Win 7 Pro 32 bit.  As to the rest of your questions, I really don't have an answer because I don't know what you are talking about.

You are over my head in most of the stuff you asked me.

The one thig I can reply to is that the video plays fine without any glitches. It's the audio that isn't doing right.

I can play the clip in Win Media Player, in Quick Time or in Final Media Player and all play the video with the audio just fine. It isn't until I import it into PE12 that the thing doesn't play right.

I'm sorry I can't be more help.

I don't know where to look in settings or any other menu items to see what I should have the settings at.

Dick

• 3. Re: Stop audio looping in PE 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dick

We can work together to communicate. Thanks for asking for the clarifications.

It is good troubleshooting information to know that the file plays back video and audio in Windows Media Player, QuickTime, or in Final Media Player. But, that does not make it a given that the file is compatible with Premiere Elements.

Do you have information on where this file was recorded? If you had the brand/model/settings for the camera used to record the video, you and I can check online to find what we need to know.

Information that would help us put together a troubleshooting strategy

1. What are the properties of the source media, both video and audio but especially audio since audio problems are presenting?

2. What is the project preset...or, what do you see in the opened project for Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio, even if the fields look grayed out?

3. I wanted to know if the audio problem exists after as well as before an export. So, I asked you to do a mini test run export to determine if the export had sound problems like you were experiencing in the Edit area. Had you decided on how you were going to export the Timeline content after you got the editing details worked out? If you had, then use that route for the export that I am requesting. No big export. Just enough to tell us whether there is a before and/or after audio problem with the Timeline content.

Miscellaneous

1. Can you start a new project and still end up with the same problem?

2. Is the audio problem specific to one file or to all the video files that you import into the project?

The answers are in the details which cannot be escaped from. Please let me know if you are OK with the above. If not, please let me know where we are still out of sync in the exchange of information.

We will be watching for further developments and are eager to help you succeed.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Stop audio looping in PE 12
                Dippy_Dick Level 1

Information questions:

1. How do I find that info?

2. Where do I look to find all those values?

Miscellaneous

Question 1. Yes, I've done that more than once.

Question 2. It seems to be specific to only one file. I have two files I'm trying to put into one movie. The first one plays OK. It's the second one that has the problem.

I even tried creating just one movie with only the file that is doing the problem.

No, change in behavior.

The camera that I used is a Toshiba Camileo X416 (I got rid of it because of focus problems BTW) I left everything on automatic because I wasn't comfortable fooling with specific adjustments.

• 5. Re: Stop audio looping in PE 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Dick

I have been doing some homework on your camera. From what I have read, it should have been giving your H.264.mp4 file (1920 x 1080 @ 30 progressive frames per second). No one mention could I find of the audio. So much for that.

I had never run into a situation where audio content automatically looped in Premiere Elements. But, there was a recent thread here where a user reported this type of thing, ran through some general troubleshooting, and then no longer mentioned any problems with looping audio. I need to find out what that was all about.

It is late where I am so I will look into this more in the morning.

Just a few quick questions...when you imported your two clips into Project Media, was the timecode (representing file duration) underneath the two thumbnails in the same format xx;xx;xx;xx (hours; minutes; seconds; frames). Did you see anything odd like xx;xx;xx;xxxx"?

Also, if you right click the video thumbnail in Project Assets and select Interpret Footage, what does the Frame Rate section show as the frame rate of the file?

To be continued...

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 6. Re: Stop audio looping in PE 12
                    Dippy_Dick Level 1

Mr. Romano;

I thank yu for your time and expertise in trying to help me with my project.

I tried a different program and I got my project done without any glitches in the audio of the movie I had in MP4 format.

So, I'm not going to pursue this thread any more.

I got what I needed another way.

Again, I thank you for trying to help me.

Take care and I'm sorry if anyone reading this thread was hoping for a resolution that might help them with a similar problem.

I'm not going to worry about the problem any more.

Dick

• 7. Re: Stop audio looping in PE 12
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Dick

Thanks for the update. The major great news is that you have gotten your project done successfully with your choice of another video editor. Good job.

Although you are leaving this thread, I will continue to look for the reason for your spontaneous looping audio in your Premiere Elements Timeline.

If I can replicate the issue and do find the cause, I will post the information.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: Stop audio looping in PE 12
                        phalanx314 Level 1

let me know what I can do to help. experiencing the same thing with PP CS6.

file is from output of a Blackmagic ATEM television studio. frame rate on Interpret is 29.97

about 3 minutes in, the audio starts over. not bad if i didn't need the final 3 minutes of audio - i can shift the audio to match.

I'm clearing cache and deleting the conformed files.

• 9. Re: Stop audio looping in PE 12
                          phalanx314 Level 1

looks like a conforming issue.

after deleting the the .cfa and .pek, clearing cache and restarting PP, the file re-conformed and all is well.

• 10. Re: Stop audio looping in PE 12
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

phalanx314

Referring to your posts numbered 8 and 9.....

Thanks for your important report on Timeline spontaneous audio looping in Premiere Pro CS6 - a good lead for the troubleshooting for Premiere Elements counterpart happening which has gone unresolved.

I was never able to reproduce the issue in Premiere Elements to work on it. Due to the infrequent reports of this spontaneous looping

of Timeline audio in Premiere Elements, the matter has been detoured from attention.

I will make a copy of this thread and remember it if and when the next report surfaces here on the happening in Premiere Elements (any version).

Thanks again.

ATR