• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem authorizing a computer

New Here ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, my computer is authorized without an ID.  I would like to authorized it with an Adobe ID, which I have, but when I try to do that, a screen pops up saying An Error Has Been Detected, Activation Server Error code E_AUTH_NOT_READY.  As I understand it, I must successfully complete this step before I can authorize an e reader device such as a nook or kindle and transfer borrowed books.  What do I need to do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the steps mentioned in Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" | Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that file yesterday and it worked for me. Thanks.

Dr. John C. Merriman

Professor Emeritus

(256) 435-3592

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.  I don't know what this means - name and location?  my name? what location?  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pattysaunders wrote:

Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.  I don't know what this means - name and location?  my name? what location?

On Windows the easiest way to make a registry backup is to Create a restore point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately that is what started my whole mess!  I'd done a restore, ADE was removed along with other programs, and then when I restored it it would no longer accept my login, would not let me download OR return my books, on and on....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is my problem. But there seems to be no where to get the next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines