8 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2014 8:03 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't figure out the right export setting. Adobe Premiere Elements 4

xmau5

Okay so all im trying to do is export a movie to upload on youtube and it kept exporting out 3 minutes too long, all of which was completely black. So I tried to change the setting and now it keeps rending JUST the audio and it's really irritating.

Any help would really be appreciated!

• 1. Re: Can't figure out the right export setting. Adobe Premiere Elements 4
          A.T. Romano Level 7

xnau5

1. Where do you want to upload the Timeline content

a. Timeline content exported to a file saved to the computer hard drive and the that file uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site

or

b. Timeline content taken to Share/Online/YouTube and one of the presets used to upload the Timeline content with one of the following

Flash Preset for YouTube

High Definition Video for YouTube - 1440 x 1080

High Definition Video for YouTube - 1920 x 1080

2. How long is your Timeline content supposted to be? The Premiere Elements 10 YouTube limits are

File Size 1024.0 MB and Duration 10 minutes. Before you press Next in the Share/Online/YouTube area, you get an opportunity to see the estimated File Size and Duration of your Timeline content that will be uploaded...what does it say.

3. The core of the matter may have nothing to do with the above so I need some clarification.

Are you saying that you have about 3 minutes of black video after what should have been the end of the video presentation?

If so, expand the Timeline with the - + slider and look for some files or fragments further down the track. Press the End key of the keyboard and determine if the Timeline Indicaor arrives at the last item of your Timeline content or further down the track where there is supposed to be nothing.

We will be watching for your details and clarification.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't figure out the right export setting. Adobe Premiere Elements 4
            xmau5 Level 1

a. I'm trying to just save it as a file that I can upload to my youtube account via the website.

It's around 6 minutes and the last 3 are just a black screen, and I've checked to see if there's something hidden down in the timeline, but there's nothing there.I hit end and it stopped where my clips ends, where I want it to be. I'm not sure why it's doing this

• 3. Re: Can't figure out the right export setting. Adobe Premiere Elements 4
              A.T. Romano Level 7

xmau5

What is your project preset for your Premiere Elements 4 project?

And, what are the details in the way of formats, aspect ratio, etc of what you have on that Timeline?

What are all the details for your export of the Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive?

Originally I thought that you had a video of say expected 10 minutes where you were getting a 13 minute end product. But from what you wrote, you are not gaining or losing total duration, you are just not losing the last 3 minutes of 6 to black video.

Please confirm...

a. Before the export, you see and hear the entire Timeline content in its playback in the Edit area monitor.

b. In no way are you working with the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar and the "Share Work Area Bar Only" option in the export settings.

c. With a copy of the original project, what happens to what you see in the export, if you take the last 3 minutes of the 6 and put them at the start and take the first 3 minutes of the 6 and put them at the end?

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can't figure out the right export setting. Adobe Premiere Elements 4
                xmau5 Level 1

Forgive me, I still can't remember where to look for project presets.

Uhhh, I think my clips are just what I recorded with Bandicam, but im using the HD1080 preset for the file.

I was trying to create a video that was 6 minutes, but it always exports as 8 minutes, and I don't want the last 3 minutes as it is all black.

a. Edit area monitor? I'm not sure what that is

b. Uh, im not sure, but I did try to export with the option "entire timeline" and "work area bar only". Neither worked.

c. I think I might have said the wrong thing, I only want the first 6 minutes, as the last 3 minutes seem to show up by itsself.

• 5. Re: Can't figure out the right export setting. Adobe Premiere Elements 4
                  xmau5 Level 1

Also if it helps, all my files were exported to .mpeg files and I can't get them to do that again.

• 6. Re: Can't figure out the right export setting. Adobe Premiere Elements 4
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

xmasu5

I think that we may be out of sync with regard to the information exchanges, so let me go back so that we are sure about the troubleshooting course that we are taking.

1. The problem.

What is the total duration of what you have on the Premiere Elements 4 Timeline Video Track 1?

Is it 6 minutes, 9 minutes, or other?

Of the total duration on the Timeline Video Track 1, how much of that do you want to export?

How do want to export that Timeline - via Share/Online/YouTube or Share/Computer/MPEG, or other?

2. The project

What do you see for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio when you look under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General - even if the field look grayed out.

I think that if we can confirm the information requested in this post, we should be able to move forward better in the troubleshooting.

At first it sounded to me as if you were caught in a problem where you had fragments on the Timeline that went beyond the end of your Timeline that you were exporting. Now I am wondering if you are trying to export selectively only a portion of the entire Timeline Video Track 1 content. Whatever the case, when have firm details, I can supply the needed information in screenshots if necessary.

Please review and consider. Do not give up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Can't figure out the right export setting. Adobe Premiere Elements 4
                      xmau5 Level 1

THINGSSS.png

This is my file.

It's 6:20:07 minutes long, and that's all I want to export.

I would like to export it as a file to upload, but if the share/online/youtube option will work better, than that's fine too.

general.png

This is what I see in the general tab.

• 8. Re: Can't figure out the right export setting. Adobe Premiere Elements 4
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

xmau5

Thanks for the screenshots. Very helpful.

This is what I would like you to do and then let us know the results.

Go to Share/Personal Computer/MPEG and set the Presets = H.264 1080i30.

Place a check mark next to Share WorkArea Bar Only.

At the bottom of the of the dialog, look for the estimated File Size and Duration of what you are about to export once you hit Save there.

Then remove the check mark next to Share WorkArea Bar Only and look again for the estimated File Size and Duration of what you are about to export once you hit Save there.

Please report back

a. Estimated File Size and Duration in Export Area with check mark for "Share WorkArea Bar Only"

b. Estimated File Size and Duration in Export Area with no check mark for "Share WorkAreaBar Only"

c. Timecode reading at wherever the Timeline Indicator ends up after you press the End key of the keyboard in the Editing area

Thanks.

ATR