2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2007 9:12 AM by nehcdet

Flash BUG? highlighting text causes movie buttons not to work

nehcdet
      I have a movie with some movieclips and some texts in it. The texts are selectable, so that user can highlight the texts and do a ctrl-c copy. The movieclips have onRelease/onPress event listeners, and they work like buttons.

Everything works fine until user highlights the texts. After user has done that, even after the text is unhighlighted, the movieclips start to not catch every event. I mean not every onRelease/onPress can be caught any more. In about 50% of the case, flash stops to dispatch these events.

Has anyone experience the same thing? Any clue?

Your help is appreciated.

Ted
        • 1. Re: highlighting text causes movie buttons not to work
          nehcdet Level 1
          More investigation reals it only happens when there's a "compiled clip", in my case a scrollpane, in the library.

Is this a flash bug?
          • 2. Flash BUG? highlighting text causes movie buttons not to work
            nehcdet Level 1
            The bug is easy to produce. Just create a new fla, add a textfield, a movie clip onto the stage. In the movie clip code add the onRollOver, onRelease, onPress ... functions. Test it: Highlight the text in the text box, click the mc multiple times. Everything works fine.

Now, add a compiled clip, scrollpane, to your library. Test it: Highlight the text in the text box, click the mc multiple times without moving your mouse. You will see some onPress/onRelease events are not dispatched every time. Instead, sometimes, onRollover/onRollout events were dispatched in place of onPress/onRelease.

I uploaded the test fla here (you will need to wait for 20secs before the download link appear at the bottom left corner).

Thanks. If someone could confirm that this is a bug, how can I report this to adobe?