3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2014 11:17 AM by A.T. Romano

how do you fix audio sync problems when editing imemories dvds

kram8732

When I import imemories video on dvd into Adobe Premiere, the audio is out of sync. Does any one have a fix for this?

• 1. Re: how do you fix audio sync problems when editing imemories dvds
          nealeh Level 5

What format files are imemories giving you? You can analyse them with the free GSpot or MediaInfo utilities (Google them for download source) and post their results here.

The smallest unit by which you can manually adjust the audio track in PRE is a single frame. To do this you right-click the track and unlink the audio / video and then drag the audio left/right as necessary (or use quickkeys (Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Using default shortcuts) to nudge them).

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: how do you fix audio sync problems when editing imemories dvds
            kram8732 Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I remembered I had a video converter program called WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe and I ran it on my iMemories dvd and converted it to the mp4 format with a video frame rate of 29.97 fps. It retained the quality of the dvd plus the audio & video remained in sync. Thanks again for suggestion.

Peace

Mark

• 3. Re: how do you fix audio sync problems when editing imemories dvds
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark

You appear to have resolved your own question, but for your consideration when and if needed....

If you are extracting VOB (video files) from DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc, you do not need to use a video converter to get video files with audio in sync from this disc into the Premiere Elements workspace Timeline.

1. You do not mention what version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what computer operating system it is running. For now I will assume Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. Have you been through the process of import using DVD disc in the burner tray and Add Media/DVD camera or computer drive/Video Importer? If you have and ended up with the audio out of sync when the content reached the Timeline track, then read on to "2" which has worked for many.

2. In this technique you are going to use the computer's Command Prompt to get the video files (VOBs) from the DVD disc into one file DVD.VOB which will contain the individual VOBs merged seamlessly into one video.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: DVD-VIDEO/Seamless VOB Ripping

Trimming of the DVD.VOB is possible once you have imported it into the project.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Project Assets Organization for Scene and Highlight Grabs from Collection o…

The finer details of nudging audio into sync with its video include

1. Separate the video from the audio (right click the clip, select Unlink Audio and Video)

2. Select the audio portion, hold down the Alt key and tap the right or left arrow key. One tap = a one frame move per tap or hold down  the Shift+Alt and tap the right or left arrow key. One tap in this case = 5 frames nudge per tap.

Please check out the above and let us know if any of it worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR