4 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2014 11:34 AM by A.T. Romano

Question about making memorial video

provlima Level 1

I have a technical question about memorial videos.
      I have an eight minute video file I plan to use to make a dvd to be shown at a wake.

During visitations I have seen these videos which play on an endless loop. Are the dvd players used by funeral homes put on a setting to play the dvd continuously or is the dvd burned to play endlessly.
      Thank you for your input.

• 1. Re: Question about making memorial video
          nealeh Level 5

PRE cannot create a DVD that will play endlessly. so ideally put the DVD player into Repeat mode. If you want to use an external tool, you can create a looping DVD following the tutorial at "Let's Make Your DVD Go Loop-Loop-Loop!".

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: Question about making memorial video
            A.T. Romano Level 7

provlima

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

I have written in step by step detail how to create a looping DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc using Premiere Elements in conjunction with either of two 3rd party softwares. Premiere Elements on its own cannot give you a looping DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc end product.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Looping DVD-VIDEO on DVD Disc

Please review the how tos and, if you have any questions on them or need clarification, do not hesitate to ask.

The repeat function of the player would seem the quickest way for you at this very busy and difficult time. Call the funeral director involved and find out what player equipment he/she has and if it includes the repeat function for DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

The question that you asked assumes that, when you write DVD, you mean DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and not AVCHD format on DVD disc. Please confirm. AVCHD DVD cannot be played on a "regular" DVD player. Typically it needs a Blu-ray player with the appropriate support.

Please look over the above and then do not hesitate to let us know how we can help you accomplish the goal successfully.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Question about making memorial video
              provlima Level 1

Thank you very much for your help!!!.  

• 4. Re: Question about making memorial video
                A.T. Romano Level 7

provlima

We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance and are at the computer much of the day into the late evening hours.

You should do fine. But, if any blocks in the work, please do not hesitate to post.

Thanks.

ATR