Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I create shopping cart pages in Muse

Explorer ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I'm new to BC. I'm creating a site in muse that requires ecommerce functionality. Can I use pages that I create within my Muse website as a cart and add BC shopping cart elements to them. Basically the Muse page(s) would contain ecommerce features such as; drop down selectors, add to cart, check-out, etc. within the Muse page(s). Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Muse does not handle BC layouts and tags, just modules. So while people have they get to a point and have to turn to a developer or use another software like Dreamweaver to finish of the cart implementation.

Muse creates basic forms of sites... It pretty much just builds a dynamic canvas as a website and not technically a true website thats manageable and customisable.. This only comes with knowledge of the platform and use of its templates, layouts and tags for some of the more complex things like eCommerce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stefen

Muse is okay for brochureware sites but as for anything else it will never really be fully functional.

Quite often we take MUSE website and turn them into fully functional native BC websites. We did two last week for a web agency in USA.

My recommendation to to go that way.

Brett Stockley

prettypollution.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines