Currently I have a game that is in 3D using OpenGL. I'm
exploring the idea of posting this on the web, and so far the only
Avenues that are open to me are Flash and ActiveX. I have been down
the ActiveX route and its ugly. So I'm asking you guys for some
- It is a 3D game which uses a physics engine to do
collisions and movements. I have looked up a Physics library for
flash that does exactly what I need called APE (Actionscript
- For the 3D drawing capabilities, I can use PaperVision's 3D
rendering library to render all of my 3D geometry. I have seen that
it can draw 3D fairly well for what I'm hoping to use it for.
- Also, I'm looking into using Flex as the builder and for
the availability of widgets for on-screen interaction.
- Is it possible to do what im asking?
- Is Flex really necessary for widgets or should I just use
- Can AS3 accommodate the types of features a 3D based game
has, such as realtime keyboard event capturing, Fast rendering,
read/write form hard drive, SOAP/XML parsing?
- Lastly, can all this be done using nothing but AS3 and
without creating any sort of visual design using the Flash studio??
Any answers/suggestions/comments are more then welcome. I
greatly appreciate the help.