7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2014 9:20 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I restore loss of sound in audio tracks?

Dolbaden

I use Premier Elements on Windows 7 32Bt. I had a fully edited Expert project with audible sound tracks. I added narration which was recorded as audible sound in the narration track. However all other audio tracks although showing visual wave forms were now mute. The mixer showed no tracks set to mute and I can find no way to regain audio in any other tracks.Can you suggest a solution? have there been any updates to solve this?

• 1. Re: How do I restore loss of sound in audio tracks?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dolbaden

There is a 12.1 Update for Premiere Elements 12 if that is the Premiere Elements version that you have.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: 12.1 Update Released

As for the loss of audio associated with narration addition to the project using the Premiere Elements 12 Narration Tool, that is a known issue with no known fix.

If you start a new project, does the problem persist?

There was only one user who believed she found a way to resolve this problem that happened to her. Others have yet to confirm it. And, try as I do, I cannot force the appearance of the problem so that I can work on a fix. Some think to possibilities of moving the narration to an audio track or creating the narration in a free audio editor such as Audacity and then importing the narration produced there in Premiere Elements as media. But, as of now, no firm answers.

I will see if I can find the post of a few months ago with what worked for this other Premiere Elements user.

To be continued.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I restore loss of sound in audio tracks?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Dolbaden

Here is the fix re-reported in the thread Upon adding narration, video clips lost audio

Then try a fix that worked for Llamadude99 and that she reported here on March 2, 2014. She wrote

"I was trying different things and I went to tools to narration. I removed the mute audio before recording, then deleted the narration I previously did and then pressed undo, to bring it back and my audio returned on my video. Very strange but it worked..."

Please let us know if any of the above helped. If you have any further details of your workflow that led to this situation, please let us know, and we will try to reproduce the situation so that we can work on it.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: How do I restore loss of sound in audio tracks?
              Dolbaden Level 1

Hi

Thank you for both your replies.

I spent hours trying to find a solution and in the end came up with a one similar to Llamadude99.

What I did was to reopen the narration window remove the mute command then press the run button (not the record) then the pause and close the window. The sound had now returned to the other tracks and I still had the narration. I have repeated this a number of times and it seems to work every time. As a matter of interest I have the latest update. I don’t like Pemiere Elements 12 as much as earlier additions and I miss not having firewire out.

Many thanks

John Cam

• 4. Re: How do I restore loss of sound in audio tracks?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

John Cam

Many, many thanks for reporting what worked for you regarding resolution of the narration related audio loss in Premiere Elements 12. Great contribution.

I will use your results and those of Llamadue99 to offer to others who find themselves in this situation. I am still hoping to reproduce the problem so that I can look at it first hand.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: How do I restore loss of sound in audio tracks?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Dolbaden

Whenever I get a moment I try to reproduce the issue that you presented and solved. I still cannot.

I had this question which I have not focused on previously in this specific issue, that is, what type of microphone did you use to record your narration with the Premiere Elements 12 Narration Tool?

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: How do I restore loss of sound in audio tracks?
                    jcs851

I had the same problem with losing the audio track from the video that i had imported.  I added narration, which was working, but lost the sound to the video.  Even if you import video after adding narration, you still lose the sound of the imported video.  I used the method described above "I was trying different things and I went to tools to narration. I removed the mute audio before recording, then deleted the narration I previously did and then pressed undo, to bring it back and my audio returned on my video. Very strange but it worked..."  This worked for me too!

• 7. Re: How do I restore loss of sound in audio tracks?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jcs851

Were your issues and observations made using Premiere Elements 12/12.1? Windows or Mac?

Thank you for reporting your experiences on the matter which was mentioned in this thread and elsewhere. Your report is much appreciated.

This thread goes back to May 2014, and you are posting now at the end of September 2014.

In June 2014 the inputs on this matter were summarized in the following. Have you seen it?

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Audio Losses After Narration Addition

We are glad that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR