1 Reply Latest reply on May 10, 2014 7:36 PM by John T Smith

Still Life project going horribly wrong.  Please help!

First let me say that I am new to this board.  I've been reading here and searching to see if I could find my answer, but after doing this, reading booklets and searching the internet, I still can't wrap my mind around what I need to do and what I'm doing wrong.    Here goes:

I composed a Still Life in Photoshop.  I took pictures from my digital camera, and uploaded them as jpeg's.  (The instructions said TIFF files, but I couldn't figure out how to do it, nor would it give me the option).  I  cut each item (10) and placed them each on their own layer.   The Still Life has to have a transparent background. Done...looks nice. 

The next part is where I'm stuck.  I'm to select one image element from the Photoshop component and use it as the basis for creating vector line art in Illustrator.  I'm to embed the source image element using the Links panel.  Can someone tell me how to do this correctly?  I've tried every which way I could think of, but nothing!  I know I need to place files, but I don;t have the option when I open Illustrator, so I OPEN, which doesn't work.  Should the file be the original jpeg, or a native PSD?

I'm on the Cloud in Windows 8.1. 

Any help I can get on this will be/is appreciated.