2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2014 6:00 AM by JJMack

Photoshop CS5, Intuos5 Pro, Brushes Not Working Properly

chazisupersnake

I recently purchased a Wacom Intuos Pro large. And I use Photoshop CS5

Once I got my settings the way I wanted them, I noticed my brushes were also changed.

The shape dynamics will not work with my brushes properly, and I can't figure out how to fix that.

I also use Windows 64-Bit.

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS5, Intuos5 Pro, Brushes Not Working Properly
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

What have you tried? What exactly is happening with your brushes? When you say you have 'got the settings the way you want them' is that with the Standard set?   Have you tried saving that modified set with another name, and resetting your brushes?

[EDIT]  Just seen Win7 64bit.  With CC and Windows 7, the brushes live in:

C:\Users\Your User Name\App Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC\Presets\brushes

The defaut brush set is called Standard.  This is the location to save custom and downloaded brushes to with CC, and I think CS6.  I suspect it will be the same for CS5

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS5, Intuos5 Pro, Brushes Not Working Properly
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

The problem is either Photoshop is not working properly or the brush setting are not what you think they are or the tablet is not working properly.  While testing have the brush palette visible so you see which dynamics are currently set. Try resetting Photoshop's Tools.  To test the Tablet Wacom has a built in diagnostic use the Wacon panel About button then the Diagnose button.  This updated site displays image badly scaling them unusually poor use view in new window or tab to see the actual uploaded image  ....

Capture.jpg

Same Image on my web site the Jive html does not mess up like they do on forums.adobe.com ????  The old Jive code display image well just like this. ????

Capture.jpg