7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2006 8:15 AM by Star_Tail_Pro

attachMovieclip

Star_Tail_Pro Level 1
      I have a preloader that just works. Everything is imported into 2nd frame, so the couple percent is just the preloader but i found away around that. The problem is that when I use the attachMovieclip, which is done by pressing a button, it doesn't load. This is because I don't have the export to the first frame ticked. When I do tick it, it works, so is there away around this?
        • 1. Re: attachMovieclip
          Level 7
          Hi Star Tail,

If "export in first frame" is unchecked, you have to put the symbols
          _somewhere_ on the timeline. Otherwise the symbols will not be included
          in the final swf file.

Manno

Star Tail Pro wrote:
          > I have a preloader that just works. Everything is imported into 2nd frame, so
          > the couple percent is just the preloader but i found away around that. The
          > problem is that when I use the attachMovieclip, which is done by pressing a
          > button, it doesn't load. This is because I don't have the export to the first
          > frame ticked. When I do tick it, it works, so is there away around this?
          >

--
          ----------
          Manno Bult
          manno@xs4all.nl
          • 2. Re: attachMovieclip
            Star_Tail_Pro Level 1
            Ah, i see, annoying that a normal pop up can do it but a home built one can't (or does import into the first frame)
            • 3. Re: attachMovieclip
              Level 7
              I suppose you mean a component pop-up (window)?
              They export in first frame too.

Star Tail Pro wrote:
              > Ah, i see, annoying that a normal pop up can do it but a home built one can't (or does import into the first frame)

--
              ----------
              Manno Bult
              manno@xs4all.nl
              • 4. Re: attachMovieclip
                Star_Tail_Pro Level 1
                ah, i see, that affects the preloader, i guess i will have a play around
                • 5. Re: attachMovieclip
                  Star_Tail_Pro Level 1
                  is there away around the first frame thing so its the preloader loads first then the export to first frame.
                  • 6. Re: attachMovieclip
                    Level 7
                    Placing allexported items in frame two or three would solve it, no?

frame one:
                    progressbar code

frame 3
                    all "export for actionscript" symbols

frame 4 beginning of all things

Progressbar animates and code sends playbackhead to frame 4 when all's
                    loaded.

Star Tail Pro wrote:
                    > is there away around the first frame thing so its the preloader loads first then the export to first frame.

--
                    ----------
                    Manno Bult
                    manno@xs4all.nl
                    • 7. Re: attachMovieclip
                      Star_Tail_Pro Level 1
                      so let me see if i get this.

what i do is:
                      ...on frame 1 where it just stop(); and the preloader continuously checks if the if all bytes are loaded
                      then there is
                      ...a second frame that is a place for the export the actionscript class
                      then
                      ...the third fame is where all it begins.

you suggested for frame 3 or my frame 2 to ""export for actionscript" symbols" how do you do that?