Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Flash Player 13 on IE

New Here ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have two browsers on my desktop, Chrome and Internet Explorer. For a software to work, I need to use Internet Explorer, and for some reason it's not letting me install Flash Player 13 onto my computer (I only have it via Plugin for the Chrome).

So I am downloading the installer, and running it as admin, where it starts downloading and then at exactly 51% every time, it cancels and gives me the error message: "Error: Failed to register".

I have tried going through multiple guides, to help it, but nothing works. (Flash Player | Windows registry permissions)

Can someone please help me get it working with IE11.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I managed to get the Flash Player 13 installed I think, by getting a .msi file instead, which worked like a charm.

There is still a problem with a debugger version though.

It says "The ActiveX control for Flash Player could not be registered."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines