2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2014 10:17 AM by Laubender

Recent Content View vs. Recent Activity View – THIS Forum

Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hello, all!

Since changing this forum software to Jive 7, I noticed a few things (to say the least) ;-)

In the "Overview", obviously one (or several?) forums have different widgets.

The InDesign Scripting Forum has the "Recent Content" widget, wheras the Forum Comments Forum has the "Recent Activity" widget.

I'd prefer the "Recent Activity" widget, because it's showing the first and the last post of a thread in more details.

Here the example from the Forum Comments Forum:

RecentActivityView-vs-RecentContentView-ForumComments-Forum.png

Furthermore there seems to be a widget in this very forum, that is not visible at all, but instead an error message is exposed to the user interface:

InDesignScriptingForum-WidgetTooBig.png

Can anybody of the admins here explain, what this widget is for?

@All: Can or should the "Recent Content" widget changed to the "Recent Activity" widget on the "Overview" page?

What do you think?

Uwe

• 1. Re: Recent Content View vs. Recent Activity View – THIS Forum
          [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

I'd settle for *less* widgets, couldn't care less if they all disappeared! How fast is your internet connection? How fast does a typical page load? For me, it takes for-xxxxing-ever, not only at home but at work as well (so I know it isn't me), not only on Windows but also on Mac (so I know it's not a platform issue), not only with IE but also with FF, Chrome, and Saf (so I know it's not a browser issue).

Where Adobe's recent moves, away from "design" and towards "One Tool To Rule The Internetz" for InDesign, and away from only-buy-if-you-like to pay-forever-or-you'll-be-damned, were *only just* not enough to drive me away of here for ever, this .. is .. getting .. soooo .. close ...

Meta-forum discussions are actually better off on the Forum of Fora: Forum comments

• 2. Re: Recent Content View vs. Recent Activity View – THIS Forum
            Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

@Jongware – yes, you are right. Meta-forum discussions are better off in the Forum Comments forum.

And yes, all the forums are terribly slow. It's not a question of bandwidth.

But I wanted to start a discussion right here, because it seems that "Recent Activity" over "Recent Contents" would be far more useful. Don't know who is actually administring the InDesign Scripting forum and decided to use "Recent Contents" (if a decision was possible at all).

Should I open a new discussion in the Forum Comments forum?
            Or should someone move this discussion over there?

Uwe