i am adding styling to xml with the cellstyles and pstyles attributes (aid:pstyle). I notice that missing styles that are definded in the xml are created automatic in the document.
But i can only style items that are in a table.
I cannot add styling to a element that is directly in a textframe? Any idea?
I use indesign 5.5 for this project…
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Root><test><Test xmlns:aid="http://ns.adobe.com/Adobe InDesign/4.0/" xmlns:aid5="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeInDesign/5.0/"><Name xmlns:aid="http://ns.adobe.com/Adobe InDesign/4.0/" aid:pstyle="Test">Opel Name</Name>.</Test></test></Root>
the paragraph style "test" is not created automatic and is not applied to the paragraph.
Has anyone a ideawhat i do wrong?
what i try:
- create new document
- add textframe and type test
- open the tags panel and tag the word "test"
- open the structure (you'll notice xml nodes are added)
- export the xml
- add pstyle attribute to the correct xml node
- Create a new document
- open the structure and import the xml
- Notice that the pstyle is not applied and the paragraph style is not created.
If i do the same, but within a table, the style is applied an the paragraph style created if it does not exist.
Why is this not woorking for elements that are not in a table (> i don't want my whole layout in tables!!!)