2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2007 9:11 AM by blackbeltjones80

putting a flash site onto disk

blackbeltjones80
      Hi guys,

i have a flash website that i need to put on to a disk so when people load the disk the flash site will start automatically, the website is made up of loads of seperate swf files and i'm not sure the best way to go about it.. any thoughts?
        • 1. Re: putting a flash site onto disk
          Rothrock Level 5
          Generally it would be better to publish as a projector file. There are some issues with running Flash websites off of disks. Not the least of which is, are you sure that your audience has a compatible browser and correct version of Flash player installed?

Of course if you use html or javascript specific tricks then you will have to stay with that.

Other than that I think it is called an inf file that will tell Windows machines to autostart – assuming the end user is silly enough to let such a huge security risk remain in their system. These days more and more folks are shutting that off. Additionally on the Mac side there is no autostart, so if that is part of your audience you will not be able to do that.

Your external assets won't be bundled into the projector so they will all need to be included on the disk. So a well organized file structure will present the least mess and disorder for end users. Remember that all external assets will be loaded relative to the projector or html page, not the swf that calls them.

There are third party tools such as zinc and jugglor that allow you to make nicer cleaner packages of the whole thing, but I have no experience with them.
          • 2. Re: putting a flash site onto disk
            blackbeltjones80 Level 1
            thanks, you have been very helpful