• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use adaptive streaming on AMS 5.0.3 when sending only one high-quality stream from the encoder ?

May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to workout how to configure the AMS for adaptive streaming when the encoder can only upload 1 high-quality stream.

The AMS has to split & transcode that stream into several other streams with lower bitrate so i can use those for adaptive streaming.

According to the specs this must be possible for live-video with never releases of the media-server but I'm unable to workout how to proceed.

Any direction toward documentation on this is fine, but so far I've only seen examples where the encoder was sending multiple streams and that's not what i'm looking for.

Regards,

Bas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMS does not do any transcoding of streams

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well.. maybe transcoding is the wrong term here (my wrong), but actually I'm looking for a solution that does what I explained:

Send one stream from encoder to the media-server and let the media servers deliver streams in multiple qualities (with several lower bandwidths).

At east that is what I think what it is saying here: http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/ams/pdfs/ams5-intro-wp.pdf

page 3:  by 'Live stream splitting'  and 'Live adaptive bitrate streaming (HTTP)'.

It's a bit daft to let the encoder to send multiple streams as the that's something the server could easily do (and seems to make more sense to me), similar to other solutions like Livestream.com or youtube live.

I do understand that requires much more compute power but that's actually not really an issue in my solution (got that virtually unlimited). But the bandwidth on the encoder side can be limited at some locations during the worldtour I need this video streaming for hence the solution I'm looking for.

Regards,

Bas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines