3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2014 1:07 PM by Chris Cox

Photoshop CC crashes about 4-5 times a day

Mig29 Level 1

Photoshop CC crashes about 4-5 times a day on Mac OS X 10.9.2 with no notable reason during the work. It has become very annoying. I suspect that this is due to the fact that it was installed to an SSD drive and the files that I work with are on HDD. It lasts for about 3 months and regular updates hasn't fixed this crashes.

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC crashes about 4-5 times a day
          Level 7

What does the crash report say?

MacOS 10.9 has quite a few OS bugs that have not yet been fixed, and we've seen some third party plugins crashing more often on 10.9 as well.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC crashes about 4-5 times a day
            gooseslay

I'm having the same problem with my Adobe Photoshop Elements 11. After I edit 5 or 6 photos it will crash just leaving the "has stopped working message". I'm using a windows 7 laptop and this has been a problem ever since I started using the Photoshop Elements 11 software. I came here looking for a patch or update I may be able to download but I'm not having any luck finding anything but the site trying to sell me the elements 12 edition. I'm sure as hell not going to buy something new when the old product is a bummer to use. Maybe someone on the staff  can help me out and I may reconsider when I get my new laptop later this month.

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC crashes about 4-5 times a day
              Level 7

Elements issues should be posted in the Elements forums - we can help much here in the Photoshop forums.

Also, this topic is about crashes in MacOS and you are using Windows, so HIGHLY unlikely to be the same problem.