1 Reply Latest reply: May 16, 2014 8:50 PM by Herbert2001 RSS

I have created a design for a mobile app, but I do not know how to finish it and make it into an app. How do I do this?

DakotaStrode24

I have created a design for a mobile app, but I do not know how to finish it and make it into an app. How do I do this? I want to use it as an app, but I don't know how.

• 1. Re: I have created a design for a mobile app, but I do not know how to finish it and make it into an app. How do I do this?
          Herbert2001 Community Member

The design you made in Fireworks is just that: a visual design, nothing more. To make a working applications, you will have to develop it into a working 'real' app. Fireworks cannot do this for you. Which means:

1) you start coding it. You have a couple of programming choices: a) web-based technologies (html, css, javascript) which then runs in a browser, or by applying a framework/wrapper like PhoneGap or Cocoonjs; b) native platform development. In this case you will have to learn a language like C++. You will also have to own a Mac for iOs development in Xcode (without a Mac you cannot create iOs apps for iTunes). And you will have to adapt the code for Android as well. Meaning a different development environment. Or use tools like Xamarin.

If you have never learned to code before, now is the time! It can be a lot of fun. You will be learning for at least about half a year before you can start your app, though (well, depends on the type of application you have in mind).

2) you use a visual mobile app development tool. I have no idea what type of app design you have designed, but candidates for this are: a) Unity, b) Scirra Construct, c) Game Maker, d) GameSalad, and others. Some of these still need (basic) coding skills. Flash can also be used - but again, you will need to code in ActionScript.

3) if the above options sound like too much work, you could always hire a developer to do it for you.

There are some quite good books on app development. Do your research by googling it.