5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2007 1:23 PM by kglad

Navigation Blur Effect

ewon15
      I am using a movie clip prototype (see below) to blur my navigation when the user rolls over it. It works, but i would like for it to just blur once, then go back to being clear, all while the mouse is over it. Any suggestions?

Thank you :0)

• 1. Re: Navigation Blur Effect
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          there are a few problems with that code. i think you'd be better served using the following.

• 2. Re: Navigation Blur Effect
            ewon15 Level 1
            hey thanks kglad, that works well. if you have a second can you explain why the previous code is faulty? i'm trying to get better at coding and write more efficiently. i'm impressed with your code :0)
            • 3. Re: Navigation Blur Effect
              the main problems with the previous code were:

1. you were (trying to) repeatedly calling blurMC (with myNavMC.onEnterFrame) and that's not necessary. blurMC creates a loop to gradually (actually pretty quickly) blur the movieclip.

2. the loop in blurMC never ends. for each movieclip to which it's applied it initiates an onEnterFrame loop that never terminates.

3. the loop blurMC started was applied to the movieclip itself. if the movieclip already had an onEnterFrame loop defined, blurMC would replace that loop breaking your code elsewhere. (though this worked to your advantage with your original code where myNavMC.onEnterFrame would have caused the flash player to go into an endless loop and crash if it weren't replaced.)
              • 4. Re: Navigation Blur Effect
                ewon15 Level 1
                wow, thanks. it is always nice to know what is wrong so that you don't do it again :0)

thanks again kglad.
                • 5. Re: Navigation Blur Effect
                  you're welcome.