4 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2014 3:12 AM by Jakes Cusack

change image on mouseover/mouseout

Jakes Cusack

Hello All, today I have been trying to change an image/symbol when I hover over the image

I have tried

My symbol is pink_dot_new.png

Then I add

mouseover

$(this.lookupSelector("pink_dot_new ")).attr("src","images/Pink_dot_light.png");

mouseout

$(this.lookupSelector("pink_dot_new")).attr("src", "images/Pink_dot_light.png");

And

mouseover

$(this.lookupSelector("ImageHolder")).css('background-image', 'url(images/Pink_dot_light.png)');

mouseout

$(this.lookupSelector("ImageHolder")).css('background-image', 'url(images/Pink_dot_light.png)');

I am not sure what I am missing? Can anybody help?

• 1. Re: change image on mouseover/mouseout
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What version of Animate are you using? Why are you using this old syntax instead of the native syntax?

for a symbol use sym.getSymnbol('name')

is image holder a div, a rectangle in your symbol?

Here is what I would do.

have the symbol with the image inside and use this on your events.

sym.getSymbol('symbol name').$('imagename').css({'background-image':'url("images/newimagepath.png")'});

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: change image on mouseover/mouseout
            Jakes Cusack Level 1

Many thanks redesign, I am using 3.0 so i should be using the native syntax.

I am still not getting any joy with the code

sym.getSymbol('_dot_new').$('Pink_dot.png').css({'background-image':'url("images/Pink_dot_ light.png")'});

I have a "Pink_dot.png" that i converted into a symbol and added it to my page, the symbol is called "_dot_new" then i added a mouseover and a mouseout event to the symbol and added the code but it doesn't seem to do anything? is there an order i have o follow? I also have a click event on the dot that once click a fancy box pop will appear with an image

Many thanks again, very much appreciated

J

• 3. Re: change image on mouseover/mouseout
              resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sorry i was out for a while. So i did not mean the name of the image but its name as it appears in the elements panel - most likely it is Pink_dot.

So here is what you should have to change the image

I am not sure what the name of your symbol is in the elements panel but in your code it looks like your symbol is named _dot_new

sym.getSymbol('_dot_new').$('Pink_dot').css({'background-image':'url("images/Pink_dot_light.png")'});

addresses the symbol   +   addresses the  image element   + css  wit the name of the new image           

incidently, you might want to add: 'background-repeat': 'no-repeat'

Sample here:

dot images.zip - Box

• 4. Re: change image on mouseover/mouseout
                Jakes Cusack Level 1

Many thanks redesign, very much appreciated, really helpful