3 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2014 12:34 PM by JimHess

Converting to DNG

JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm going to try this again. I know this isn't the DNG converter forum, but I'm looking for an answer and haven't got one yet. I occasionally use the DNG converter, but as you can see I now have no "Convert" button to start the conversion process. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Capture.JPG

Windows 7, Home Premium, 8 GB RAM, DNG converter 8.4. I have used the DNG converter in the past with no problems. I remember seeing this problem mentioned in the past, but didn't pay any attention to the solution. I guess I should've done because now I need help to fix it.

• 1. Re: Converting to DNG
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The DNG Converter window isn’t showing the bottom area.  It looks like the DNG window frame is a fixed size but the screen elements inside it are enlarged, or you’ve recently changed the screen resolution but the DNG window size is remembered using the old screen pixel coordinates.  I have no idea how to reset the DNG window size or where those things are stored—maybe in the registry, but you can adjust the font size or screen-elements size somewhere off of the Screen Resolution panel in my Windows 8.  I am not at a Windows 7 computer, right now, to check what is different.

I get to the Screen Resolution by right-clicking on the desktop background and picking it from the menu that comes up.

In other words, try changing your screen resolution and/or changing the screen element size or font size, and maybe rebooting, and see if the contents of the DNG window change to be smaller with respect to the DNG window frame.

• 2. Re: Converting to DNG
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Back in 2010 there was a problem if the font-size was set to 125%, but ok when the font size was set to 100% and 200%.

Re: Part of the Dng Converter is missing!

• 3. Re: Converting to DNG
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Thank you. You got me looking in the right area. I forgot that I had changed my font size a while back because I wasn't happy with my Google Chrome display. I had set it to medium. I changed it back to smallest, and now everything is good. Just a matter of compromising, I suppose.