2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2014 12:12 PM by IsakTen

how do i change digital ID signature password?

ClydePowell Level 1

how do i change digital ID signature password?

• 1. Re: how do i change digital ID signature password?
          Sabian Zildjian Level 4

As far as I am aware, this is not possible.

• 2. Re: how do i change digital ID signature password?
            IsakTen Level 4

Impossible.

I presume that you forgot your password or your digital ID was compromised (someone else got your PFX file and password).

If you have a digital ID issued by a certificate authority (CA) it is the CA that sets the password. Depending on a CA the latter may have a mechanism for the the password recovery. If you password got compromised you need to ask CA to revoke it and get a new one which will have a different password. You can get a new one if you forgot the password and CA does not have a mechanism for the the password recovery. Of course, Digital IDs that CAs issue cost money...

If you have a self-signed Digital ID created in Acrobat, or other app, and you forgot the password, create a new one. If your self-signed Digital ID got compromised, there is nothing you can do to prevent someone else to sign with your self-signed Digital ID. Self-signed Digital IDs do not attest to the identity of the signer, so this may not be as bad as it sounds in the legal sense.