0 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2007 8:34 AM by dugfreshVFS

scene navigation funtionality

dugfreshVFS
      I have 6 scenes in a tutorial that I'm putting together, arranged in the scene panel as I want them to appear in the movie. In each of the scenes I have an instance of a navigation bar MC (each instance is named the same: "navBar1"). This nav bar contains buttons that control the playback of the tutorial...frame-by-frame, and scene-by-scene. My frame control buttons fork fine — I reference / _root.nextFrame(); / as the / onRelease / action. The scene buttons, however, are a different story. I thought / _root.nextScene(); / would do the trick, but that takes me back to the very first scene in the movie. If I am on the third scene and I click my "previous scene" button, I want it to go to scene 2, frame 1.

My button code (again, button is in a MC which sits on the root timeline of each scene), where "back2But" and "ahead2But" are the button instance names:
      // the following is supposed to send the tutorial to the previous SCENE
      back2But.onRelease = function() {
      prevScene();
      }
      // the following is supposed to send the tutorial to the next SCENE
      ahead2But.onRelease = function() {
      nextScene();
      }

I don't understand why this isn't working. The code is identical for the nextFrame/prevFrame functionality, and that works perfectly.

Please help! This is starting to drive me crazy...