1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2014 4:37 AM by hemanthR

Loading An Edge composition at a certain frame

goombaccino Level 1

What I would like to do is to load  my Edge composition at a certain frame.

I would like to tell the Edge composition where to stop at, within my html file.

This because I need to load the comp at a different position in the timeline, depending on the html page where I need to place it.

I was able to start playing the comp

<script type="application/javascript">

var comp;

AdobeEdge.bootstrapCallback(function(compId) {

// "comp" is now equivalent to the Stage's "sym" variable.

comp = AdobeEdge.getComposition(compId).getStage();

comp.play();

});

</script>

but I would actually want to tell the comp to play at a label.. something like

comp.play("label");

but thats not working...

I am not very familiar with js since I come from After Effects, so it would be nice if someone could provide an example or point another discussion where this problem was solved.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Loading An Edge composition at a certain frame
          hemanthR Adobe Employee

You will not be able to play from  a label on stage timeline from bootstrap callback as the timeline playback has not started.

A workaround is to store the label name  you wish to play from in a global variable in bootstrap call back function and using that label to play from in the 0th second trigger

I know the explanation above is bit confusing,so i have attached a example here.

IN main.html i save the label(red) to play from in

AdobeEdge.playFrom = "red";

Than in the 0th second trigger read that label and play from there like

sym.play(AdobeEdge.playFrom);

Sample here playFmor.zip - Google Drive

1 person found this helpful