Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 is installed but Creative Cloud doesn't think so… can't update LR

New Here ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Since setting up my Creative Cloud subscription, I have had issues with LR appearing as 'installed' within the Creative Cloud app. Not generally an issue, except whenever updates appear.

I receive notification of the updates within Lightroom itself, but can't update through the Creative Cloud app.

Anyone experienced this, and fixed it?

Thanks!

Jon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the pre-CC version of LR, then quit the CC-Desktop app and restart it, then LR-CC should show as available for install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion ssprengel.

I should clarify that the installed version of LR was installed through CC… it just doesn't show up as installed through the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does show up for Lr's install/update status in the CC Desktop app, program list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2014 May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue!  Lightroom is not listed on Creative Cloud anymore as an option to download or update.  I hate to delete version 5.3 and then not be able to get it back.  I've installed version 5.4 in the past but get the error message "assertion failed!" every time I try to open it.  5.3 is working but I find it odd that I can't see it on the Creative Cloud apps list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem: installed through CC, LR5 is not listed in the desktop CC app.

what DOES show up is photoshop (i have the $10/mo subscription)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am I posting this in the right place?

I have read that LR CC is not compatible with 32 bit systems. Is this the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, I had the same problem, I run Photoshop and LR5 on my iMac and Macbook Pro. LR showed up in the installed apps on my Macbook but not my iMac.
Both were originally installed when I subscribed to Creative Cloud.
I cured this bug by simply quitting Creative Cloud from my desktop, uninstalling the CC Desktop App and re-installing from Adobe.
Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you uninstall the desktop or CC desktop, try signing out of the CC.  (Preferences>General>account>sign-out) and then sign back in.  That worked for me and was much simpler.

Len

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion creative cloud have too many bugs. For something that I am paying $20-25 monthly I would expect something better, especially from a company as big as Adobe.

Lightroom does not show as installed. Tried uninstall/reinstall, logout from could and relogging, renaming/deleting the opm.db file. I guess everytime lightroom has an update it disappears install program and somehow wants you to reinstall.

As this is topic about lightroom  will not list all the other problems I am having with CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as Len J. I went into Create Cloud, Preferences, General, Account and as I was doing it I got a notification for PS and LR. Both installed ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing happens to me.  I am a CC subscriber and had Lightroom 5.6 installed.  Today, Lightroom doesn´t show as installed at all, and there is no "Update" icon, of course.  Lightroom shows as available for "install" as if it was a new product.  Now, I don´t know if to go ahead and "Install" from CC Desktop, to unistall or not Lightroom 5.6, or to update from Lightroom itself.  Incredible that after so many issues over so many months with CC Desktop, it is still apparently broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to click the install option. This is the behaviour that is described on the web page that appears when you click on download within LR on its popup that says version 5.7 is available. Confused ? I was, and I work in IT !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NikLucas:  What I wonder is if CC Desktop will detect Lightroom and list it under its list of installed applications,  if the LIghtroom update was done from Lightroom itself (from the Help/Update menu), and not through the CC Desktop app.  Because right now, my LIghtroom 5.6 installation has disappeared from the CC Desktop list of installed applications...  BTW, I am also in IT... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's exactly as Jim says. Just click the install in CC when it's shown and let it do its stuff. I've been using the new LR and ACR this afternoon. I used COBOL for 30 years and my software came in at the top and, generall, fell out of the end. In our modern world of .net it just wanders off for a bit and needs encouragement to come home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you click the Install button if you have the Photography Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ssprengel:  So you are saying to "Install" from the CC Desktop app.?  It´s still a mystery why my Lightroom 5.6 installation has disappeared since yesterday, when 5.7 became available, from the list of installed applications.on CC Desktop, and why CC Desktop doesn´t show an "Update" button, as all the other Adobe apps. do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing a Lightroom update entails installing a complete new Lightroom program. There is no process to simply update the existing installation. The reason Lightroom was moved to the install list is because you are installing a complete new program, and the old 5.6 is no longer up to date and can no longer be listed with the up to date applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed Jim's advice and yes: installing LR 5.7 overwrote 5.6 - even when its not listed as installed in CC.

Still wondering though: Is this forum the only help for questions like this or is there an "official email/phone" support for CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and found the resolution, confirming what JimHess said above that there is no "upgrade" for Mac versions. From the official Adobe Lightroom page:

To update to the latest version of Lightroom for use with your Creative Cloud membership, please quit Lightroom, launch the Creative Cloud app, and click the “Install” button next to Lightroom 5.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/update-lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My install of lightroom 5 tells me an update is available; no matter how many times I log in and out creative cloud tells me lightroom is up to date (mind you, I spent 2 hours today trying to buy the upgrade - I've got 4, am using a demo of 5 and want 6; no joy. Try Adobes online chat... no help what so ever. You'd really think they didn't want my money.)(We'll they do want my money, but only if I buy a subscription - desktop stuff, just not interested - great example of a company not customer centric approach.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think many on this thread have different baseline situations, but I will describe mine and the fix that worked for me. I've had Photoshop and LR Creative Cloud on a Mac since near the beginning, but I always just upgraded Lightroom to now (LR 5) as a Standalone since I previously owned it. I was recently notified of a LR upgrade but it sent me to the Adobe web site and implied I needed to buy the upgrade. In Creative Cloud Lightroom CC was listed as "try", not "install". As some above suggested, I exited LR first. Creative Cloud still showed LR as "Try" instead of "Install". Then, as also suggested separately, I then logged out of Creative Cloud and logged back in. That did the trick- LR Creative Cloud was now listed with "Install" and I successfully did it without problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these tips were very useful - but here is an extra tip.

When I first installed lightroom on my Macbook, I had docked the Lightroom icon to my application dock.  So no matter what I did I kept being prompted that new features were available  for LR CC 2015.

I would then go an dutifully update the the application using the Creative cloud up.

The trouble is even though the applicatin was indeed installed, the docked short cut to lauch LR was still launching LR 5-  Delete that short cut and launch LR CC 2015 by double clicking in within the Creative cloud app.  That will launch the correct version, then if you want you can save the application shortcut onto your dock.

Im sure you can figure out other ways to ensure that your short cut icons r menu are up to date.   The point is dont be fooled by slightly less than obvious - LR CC 2015 is a different application to it predecessor Light room 5.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just joined CC with the photography package and have the same problem, that is the version of LR in the CC app is LR5 not LR6. I've tried logging out switching off and on then logging back in. I've removed the old icon from the quick start tool bar at the bottom of desktop. Do I uninstall LR from the CC app using the setting uninstall button? I have LR 5.7.1 from a disc originally, I'm a bit reluctant to uninstall that although I've got the disc. PS CC is working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines