3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2014 3:39 AM by dnzstudio

suddenly scrollbar at 100%width&height sites

dnzstudio Level 1

Very, very strange: Suddenly I get a scrollbar at 100%width&height compositions. That started a few days ago. Somebody else recognized? It is in all the browsers (at least on mac).

And it is getting stranger: When you preview the site from edge in browser it is there. When you directly open the html file in the browser it is not there. When I upload the html file it appears again. ???

Was there a secret update on edge? Or all the browsers at once? This is so enological and I spent hours to find the reason for this.

And the scrollbar suddenly is in all of m edge projects when I open them in edge and then save it. I also tried to open a blank document, just set the width&height to 100% and there it is - vertical scrollbar appears.

Please help. This is super disturbing. Maybe somebody form the edge team has an answer to this?

Or for now maybe someone can tell me a code fro turn of the scrollbar manually with a code in edge.

Thanks a lot!

• 1. Re: suddenly scrollbar at 100%width&height sites
          hemanthR Adobe Employee

Its strange ,can you mail me your files so that i can try to find the reason for this problem.

There was not update from at-least edge recently

If your scroll bras are appearing in the body of the page you can hide them by adding the following snippet in composition ready event listener

$("body").css({"overflow":"hidden"});

By do mind this might prevent user from seeing content that user will have to scroll.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: suddenly scrollbar at 100%width&height sites
            dnzstudio Level 1

Hello.

Tanks for your answer. This is my site: www.dnzstudio.com

If you scroll down you ll see the scrollbar and some white at the bottom. At least on mac. This was Never there before. Also when I open other projects again in edge and make preview in browser it is like that coming out of nowhere.

And the strangest thing is when I open up a complete new document, set w&h to 100percent it is doing the same. It would be great if you could try that.

I also tried it on my laptop where I also have cc tuning.same thing.

Really interested in your answer if you experience the same thing also when you look on my site on the browser.

Thank you, regards, Deniz

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 16.05.2014 um 11:34 schrieb hemanth kumar r <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

suddenly scrollbar at 100%width&height sites

created by hemanth kumar r in Edge Animate CC - View the full discussion

Its strange ,can you mail me your files so that i can try to find the reason for this problem.

There was not update from at-least edge recently

If your scroll bras are appearing in the body of the page you can hide them by adding the following snippet in composition ready event listener

$("body").css({"overflow":"hidden"});

By do mind this might prevent user from seeing content that user will have to scroll.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6384005#6384005

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Edge Animate CC by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 3. Re: suddenly scrollbar at 100%width&height sites
              dnzstudio Level 1

But the code snippet you sent me helped. It´s gone now. Thanks for that. But still I am really wondering why it is behaving like that...

And than I recognized it is not always like that. Often when I open it up for the first time it´s ok, then refresh it and scrollbars appear again. hmmm... Here is a screenshot of what I see.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-05-16 um 12.36.56.png