3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2014 6:30 PM by Trevor.Dennis

PetaPixel Article about the Recent Outage

Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

It doesn't give any indication of what the problem was, but has a lot of unhappy people.  Apparently some people lost the use of their CC apps during the outage.  I wonder if we'll ever get an explanation?  I'd appreciate links to other forum threads with any info?

http://petapixel.com/2014/05/15/adobe-creative-cloud-is-down-rendering-apps-unusable/#disq us_thread

• 1. Re: PetaPixel Article about the Recent Outage
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

My CC apps were ok, even when I rebooted my machine, the CC Desktop app would start back up and show things were authorized, but my forum access was not working without a signin.

• 2. Re: PetaPixel Article about the Recent Outage
            gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What I found interesting in the adobecare topic on Twitter were more than a few wanting compensation for lost business. Even with free and permanent license software, isn't there a disclaimer that the maker is not responsible for lost business if something goes wrong?

• 3. Re: PetaPixel Article about the Recent Outage
              Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

gener7 wrote:

What I found interesting in the adobecare topic on Twitter were more than a few wanting compensation for lost business. Even with free and permanent license software, isn't there a disclaimer that the maker is not responsible for lost business if something goes wrong?

Wow, what a can of worms that would be.  In NZ you can't force a customer to sign away their rights under Consumer law.  That is to say, even if they sign a waver, the service provider still has a duty of care, and is libel if they fall short of providing it.  If it came right down to it, and enough people were inconvenienced to a high enough degree, and could demonstrate loss of earnings, I would bet Adobe would be in a whole lot of trouble regardless of whatever conditions of sale we agreed to when taking out a CC subscription.  One thing is for sure, and that's that we'll never see a comment on the issue from Adobe.

Speaking of which, I had an email last week advising me that my discounted $20/month CC subscription was about to go up to $50/month.  I was kind of dreaming that the rather nice Photographers bundle deal might be reflected in a lower price for a full CC subscription, but it really was just a dream.    We need a Scott Kelby type champion for the non-PPS and LR CC apps methinks.

Another thought is that a year up the subscription road, it's about time we saw another major update for Photoshop.  I wonder what goodies we have to look forward to?