5 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2007 7:53 AM by Newsgroup_User

Image optimization help - 2 parts

BMando
      Hi everyone -

1. I recently discovered Fireworks and I bulit and entire website using the software. I am satisfied with the overall look of my website but it does load funny. I dont know if I can change this because the website is all images?

2. It also is not centered when you open the webpage using FireFox. When I imported my Fireworks work into FrontPage I just 'selected all' and centered everything. It looks good using IE for whatever reason. My HTML skills are generally limited but I am willing to learn if anyone knows to how correct this using FrontPage.

URL: www.totalofficeresource.net

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Image optimization help - 2 parts
          Level 1
          I am curious what version of Fireworks are you working with? Please note that there are probably a couple of versions of FW that most people use these days. SO, please be a bit more specific.

Cheers, Brian

quote:

Originally posted by: BMando
          Hi everyone -

1. I recently discovered Fireworks and I bulit and entire website using the software. I am satisfied with the overall look of my website but it does load funny. I dont know if I can change this because the website is all images?

2. It also is not centered when you open the webpage using FireFox. When I imported my Fireworks work into FrontPage I just 'selected all' and centered everything. It looks good using IE for whatever reason. My HTML skills are generally limited but I am willing to learn if anyone knows to how correct this using FrontPage.

URL: www.totalofficeresource.net

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Image optimization help - 2 parts
            Level 7
            BMando, please read the post below from the 11th May titled "Creating a site
            with?nly Fireworks"

Thanks, for proving my point that it is"Technically possible to build a site
            using only Fireworks".

Peter
            |
            | 1. I recently discovered Fireworks and I bulit and entire website using
            the
            | software. I am satisfied with the overall look of my website but it does
            load
            | funny. I dont know if I can change this because the website is all images?
            |
            | 2. It also is not centered when you open the webpage using FireFox. When I
            | imported my Fireworks work into FrontPage I just 'selected all' and
            centered
            | everything. It looks good using IE for whatever reason. My HTML skills are
            | generally limited but I am willing to learn if anyone knows to how correct
            this
            | using FrontPage.
            |
            | URL: www.totalofficeresource.net
            |
            | Thanks!
            |

• 3. Re: Image optimization help - 2 parts
              Level 7
              Always a good idea to mention what version is being used, but, in this
              example I fail to see what possible relevance it can be?

Peter
              that
              | there are probably a couple of versions of FW that most people use these
              days.
              | SO, please be a bit more specific.
              |
              | Cheers, Brian
              |
              |
              quote:

Originally posted by: BMando
              | Hi everyone -
              |
              | 1. I recently discovered Fireworks and I bulit and entire website using
              the
              | software. I am satisfied with the overall look of my website but it does
              load
              | funny. I dont know if I can change this because the website is all images?
              |
              | 2. It also is not centered when you open the webpage using FireFox. When I
              | imported my Fireworks work into FrontPage I just 'selected all' and
              centered
              | everything. It looks good using IE for whatever reason. My HTML skills are
              | generally limited but I am willing to learn if anyone knows to how correct
              this
              | using FrontPage.
              |
              | URL: www.totalofficeresource.net
              |
              | Thanks!

|
              |
              |

• 4. Re: Image optimization help - 2 parts
                BMando Level 1
                I used Macromedia Fireworks 8

Just looking for general suggestions about the 'Optimize' section and the general HTML of the site. I really wish I knew why it centers in InternetExplorer but not FireFox

Thanks
                • 5. Re: Image optimization help - 2 parts
                  Level 7
                  "BMando" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:f2iglf$29d$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  >I used Macromedia Fireworks 8
                  >
                  > Just looking for general suggestions about the 'Optimize' section and the
                  > general HTML of the site. I really wish I knew why it centers in
                  > InternetExplorer but not FireFox

I am not sure if this is your case, but where I have this happen is when I
                  use "center" as an attribute value. Firefox/Netscape seem to like a margin
                  of auto instead, as in margin: 0 auto;. That takes care of most cases for
                  me.