2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2014 6:31 AM by Rick Gerard

AE CC nested sequence not found "pseudo-element"

Mikyjax

Hello,

I'am trying to import in after effect an entire premiere pro sequence (via dynamic link)

This premiere sequence contains other dynamic links pointing to ae composition.

When the hole sequence from premiere is loaded in after effect all my "dynamic linked after effects compositions" are missing and replaced by the bars "pseudo-element"

How could I get back those comps?

Thank you very much

Michael

• 1. Re: AE CC nested sequence not found "pseudo-element"
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You cannot create cyclic relationships using Dynamic Link and that is that. This is strictly a one way road. The obscure warnings tell you exactly that - the AE comps in your premiere Sequence cannot be again imported into AE. You need to straighten out your workflow and render the files at some point to an itermediate format.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: AE CC nested sequence not found "pseudo-element"
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Dynamic link is a little like putting money in the bank. You can make interest on the money, but you can't redeposit money already in the bank to make interest on the interest. In my workflow I only use Dynamic link on simple shot fixes. Anything that is complex may start as a dynamic linked project, but it is then rendered and the footage is replaced in PPro.

It sounds like you want to add effects to a layered sequence in PPro where one of the layers is a dynamic link to AE. The only way to do that would be to copy the other layers in PPro and paste them into the original linked AE file, then remove them from the PPro sequence.