4 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2014 8:43 AM by SJRiegel

Resetting to default settings???

deettah1075 Level 1

My PS CC keeps resetting to default settings and I keep having to re-load all of my brushes, styles and actions and putting my interface the way I like it.  Why does this keep happening?  I don't dare shut off my computer!

• 1. Re: Resetting to default settings???
          deettah1075 Level 1

Nothing???   No one can answer this?????????????????????????????????????????????

• 2. Re: Resetting to default settings???
            SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure what you were expecting. You don't provide any information to help people figure things out. Kind of like calling a mechanic and saying only "My car's not acting right--what could be wrong?", and then being indignant when he couldn't venture a guess.

BTY, the ???????????????????????????????????????????? is very rude, and has no place in a professional forum.

• 3. Re: Resetting to default settings???
              deettah1075 Level 1

First off SRiegel, I pay good money for this service and it is my livelihood, I should get an answer in a timely manner...second off, read my question....that is all the info I have.  If I had more info, I might be able to solve the problem myself.  The simple fact is that every time I shut down Adobe CC my PS resets to all of the default settings and all of my brushes, styles and actions disappear.  The ONLY error I get is that the styles file is corrupted but nothing more. 

And one more thing, if you don't have anything constructive to contribute or you aren't a PS instructor or someone that can help me, don't bother responding to the thread!  Your response was no more constructive than my ???????????????? which was only meant to convey confusion as to why no one has answered my question.

• 4. Re: Resetting to default settings???
                SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to provide full system information before any poster here can help you. No one answered because without more context there is no way to know what's wrong.

Here is what is asked for:

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:

• Adobe product and version number
                • Operating system and version number
                • The full text of any error message(s)
                • What you were doing when the problem occurred
                • Screenshots of the problem
                • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.

And regardless of your intent, the extended string of question marks comes across as rude. You are talking to fellow users who volunteer here to try to help each other. The more information you can provide, the better and faster answers you will receive.