• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient privileges to install Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I downloaded Adobe Flash Player 13 directly from the Adobe web site, the Adobe Flash Player Installer started installing the player, however the installation could not be completed and a message "The user does not have sufficient privileges to install Adobe Flash Player." was shown.

I tried downloading the player from "Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer), save it and execute it by "Run as administrator", This time "Adobe Flash Player 13.0 Installer" returned a message "The installation encountered errors: A required file (C:\Windows\SysWOW64|FlashPlayerApp.exe:5) could not be written due to insufficient permissions.".

This is for installing the player in PC running Windows 7 Home Premium, web browser is Internet Explorer 11, version 11.0.9600.17041.

When I access the Control Panel, I can see "User Accounts and Family Safety" tab there. However, I have set up user called "James" which is an administrator, password protected. I tried set up another administrator account, download the player and install again, and got the same privileges problem.

At the end I could not install Adobe Flash Player.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely a clean install will fix your issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat for your excellent advice, which I followed and could install the Flash Player.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Pat for your excellent advice, which I followed and could install the Flash Player.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines