5 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2014 8:05 AM by Peter Spier

a gap between letters started to show in my indesgn files. tried to undo with tracking, the paragraph settings. nothing helped. it ruins the fluent view of the document. how can i restore the program so that doesn't happen?

MNS-KG

a gap between letters started to show in my indesign files. tried to undo with tracking, then with the paragraph settings. nothing helped. it ruins the fluent view of the document. how can i restore the program so that doesn't happen?

for example: say i write a paragraph. then, in a weird some sort of way an involuntary gap suddenly appears between different letters of random words(i did not recognize any pattern to the gap appearing) throughout the entire paragraph. once i've double clicked on that paragraph, and made a minor change, lets say tapped a 'space' key, and then clicked ctrl+z to undo, it has aligned(or fixed) the entire paragraph and made it look ok again. i've tried numerous ways to undo the entire thing, but cannot find the reason. i've been working for a few years and there's no reason why this thing all of a sudden should happen right now.

if anyone has stumbled on something like that and can advise, i would welcome it.

MNS-KG

Vadim