7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2007 12:56 PM by Newsgroup_User

Change style of a style???

Eeeeeds
      How would you do this. I am doing a web design mockup in fireworks. There are a number of links throughout the text that I have styled green. Is there a way to change all of these links at once to another colour? I can set an object to a style, but you can't the change the style and update all the corresponding objects.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Change style of a style???
          Level 7
          You could use Find and Replace from the Edit menu, providing you didn't
          use that color for other elements of the page.

Or maybe selecte all the text you want to change and group it?

alex

Eeeeeds wrote:
          > How would you do this. I am doing a web design mockup in fireworks. There are a
          > number of links throughout the text that I have styled green. Is there a way to
          > change all of these links at once to another colour? I can set an object to a
          > style, but you can't the change the style and update all the corresponding
          > objects.
          >
          > Any ideas?
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          • 2. Re: Change style of a style???
            Eeeeeds Level 1
            Thanks, find and replace looks great! Lots of time saved...
            • 3. Re: Change style of a style???
              Level 7
              Eeeeeds wrote:
              > How would you do this. I am doing a web design mockup in fireworks. There are a
              > number of links throughout the text that I have styled green. Is there a way to
              > change all of these links at once to another colour? I can set an object to a
              > style, but you can't the change the style and update all the corresponding
              > objects.
              >
              > Any ideas?
              >
              > Thanks.
              >

Before they are all built (not helpful for you at this point) you could
              set one as a symbol and then by modifying the symbol, any instances of
              the symbol would change

--
              Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
              Extending Knowledge, Daily
              http://www.communityMX.com/
              CommunityMX - Free Resources:
              http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
              ---
              .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
              news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
              news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
              • 4. Re: Change style of a style???
                JoeDaSilva Level 4
                This is why it's smart to break everything into layers. If all your text was on one layer, you could just click that layer and *bam* it would all be highlighted.
                • 5. Re: Change style of a style???
                  Level 7
                  JoeyD1978 wrote:
                  > This is why it's smart to break everything into layers. If all your text was on one layer, you could just click that layer and *bam* it would all be highlighted.

Another good idea!

--
                  Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
                  Extending Knowledge, Daily
                  http://www.communityMX.com/
                  CommunityMX - Free Resources:
                  http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
                  ---
                  .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
                  news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
                  news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
                  • 6. Re: Change style of a style???
                    Eeeeeds Level 1
                    No, that wouldn't work in this case. A text box is mostly one colour, however text links are another colour. If they were all on one layer, all colours would change. Search and replace is the only solution so far.

I think it could be handy to do something like html and css. Being able to give elements (or text within elements) 'class' names. Then you could change the style of a class, just like with css.
                    • 7. Re: Change style of a style???
                      Level 7
                      Hmmm... I wonder?

css has it's own inherent complexities hence a higher skills level is
                      required.

Perhaps there is a trade of between class based methodologies that
                      introduces a counter intuitive granularity?

Eeeeeds wrote:
                      > No, that wouldn't work in this case. A text box is mostly one colour, however
                      > text links are another colour. If they were all on one layer, all colours would
                      > change. Search and replace is the only solution so far.
                      >
                      > I think it could be handy to do something like html and css. Being able to
                      > give elements (or text within elements) 'class' names. Then you could change
                      > the style of a class, just like with css.
                      >