0 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2014 9:39 AM by AZ Aurora

Project Settings

AZ Aurora Level 1

I have done several projects before but just purchased Premier 12 and am learning more and more. That said I am finding that for some of the features that I want to do what I have my project set for is critical, so this is what I am taking pictures with, I have a Nikon Coolpix S 9100 and have it set for HD 1080 30 P (1920X1080)  In doing some research and reading I am finding that Premier 12 automatically presets my project to fit the media that I import, am I correct in assuming that? So with that said I am doing a project and it set my project for NTSC-AVCHD-Full HD 1080 i 30. Before I add my images I edit my photos in Photoshop, I crop the photo usually to a 5x7 with a resolution of 150 thus giving me a 1050x750 image So all of that said these are my questions:

1. Should I be editing my photos in a different format size? (I did a test project and changed it to a 2000 x 1500) but than some of my photo on the time line was outside of the "safe margin" perimeter and wondering if at that higher resolution that I might run into crash issues as I tend to have allot of photos in a project)
      2. What should my Capture Format be at? (Right now it is at HDV)
      3. Under Video Rendering should I check the box Maximum Bit Depth?
      4. In the new project set up should I check force selected project settings?

I know that I am asking allot but it seems like the more projects that I undertake the more questions that I have. Thank you for you support and help