2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2014 12:28 PM by dmccarter

Issues with Adobe Creative Cloud on MacBook Pro

dmccarter

The more I learn how to use the Adobe Creative Cloud products the more frustrated I become. Every day all the programs crash/ freeze multiple times and I have to force the app to quit. Exporting takes entirely too long. The Rotobrush is horribly painful to use due it being so slow and more.

Does the Adobe products just not work well with the MacBook Pro? I have a new laptop with 16gb of memory. Shouldn't that be enough to run these apps with no problems?

Any help/ pointers would be appreciated.

David McCarter

• 1. Re: Issues with Adobe Creative Cloud on MacBook Pro
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, regarding the Rotobrush in AE you have to live with it - it's pretty slow  even on beefy desktop workstations which is inherent due to how it works. The rest nobody can help you with. You have not provided exact technical info, crash logs or even a descriptions of the specific workflows like program performance preferences, project setting, what files you work with etc.. Generic complaints are not in any way useful.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Issues with Adobe Creative Cloud on MacBook Pro
            dmccarter Level 1

Ok, here is an example...

I have a pretty simple comp that has a graphic, rotating earth (from Video Pilot) and the background is fire (from Video Pilot) that uses fractal noise. I made it 5 minuets long so I would not have to deal with looping it in Premier. So far it's been running for almost 17 hours with 4 more to go!!

Is this normal?

David