8 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2014 6:56 PM by tc20003

New Mac pro

tc20003

I bought a new mac pro for a month.

Processor: 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory: 32GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Even I updated and debugged my After effect CS11, it keeps crashing!!!

It always has no response when I save file! I cannot even turn off my computer regularly!!

What's wrong?  it's even worse than I used my old Macbook!

• 1. Re: New Mac pro
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That's not much to go on. What kind of comp? What are you doing when you get a crash? Did you try and install cuda? Do you have other video editing software installed?

• 2. Re: New Mac pro
            tc20003 Level 1

Huh?  it happens on me almost once a week!!  it's only very simple comp, not even with audio, some text simple effect like animate-in and out.

cuda? what cuda?

I don't have other video editing software. Only after effect.

• 3. Re: New Mac pro
              Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

It is very unclear what your problem is or how it is occurring.  I'm assuming English is not your first language, so please excuse any inability to understand your posts.

Please explain exactly what you are doing in After Effects when it crashes.  Please provide exact details of any error massages you get when it crashes.

• 4. Re: New Mac pro
                tc20003 Level 1

I imported a mp4 into after effects, and add some animated text.

A warning message "After effects error: an output module stopped responding. The file may be damaged or corrupted.  You may need to restart After Effects." popped up when I render the video.

I cannot render the video and the After effects has no response.  It doesn't even allow me to "save" or "shut down", I can only "force quit".

• 5. Re: New Mac pro
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From where did this MP4 come?

Do you have the error if you work with footage using a proper production codec?

• 6. Re: New Mac pro
                    tc20003 Level 1

I download the footage from Youtube.

I try to render few times.

Video can be rendered if I render it immediately after I just turn on the computer.

But it doesn't work if I work on other applications before render it.   (I did shut down other applications before I start to render).

It seems like RAM problem, but I have 32 GB RAM.

• 7. Re: New Mac pro
                      Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Post a screen grab of the "Memory and Multiprocessing" page of After Effects preferences, so we can see how your RAM is configured.

If you just design and render a project with no video source files in it, like just text and shape layers, do you also get the same errors?

• 8. Re: New Mac pro
                        tc20003 Level 1

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 9.52.36 am.png

It happened few times even it has no video source file, but not always.