• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed TCS 3.5 now MS Office is crashing.

New Here ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have installed TCS 3.5 with service pak, I believe. MS Office is now unstable. Hangs up whenever I insert a graphic, or start to insert a graphic.

Are there any known conflicts with Word/Excel/Windows and Adobe TCS 3.5 products?

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can you please confirm your Operating system ?  Also confirm your MS Office version you are using ?

Are you using Framemaker 10 from TCS 3.5 ? Are you facing issue with MS office only when you inserting graphic or is there any other workflow as well ?

Regards,
Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 2010. MS Office 2010. Framemaker 10 in TCS 3.5.

Crashes when inserting image file. (The Windows Explorer interface, crashes while browsing to file that should be inserted). Using keystroke: Alt I F P.

Thx.

[signature deleted by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Windows 2010. There is Windows Vista, 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1. There are 32-bit and 64-bit versions. There are also Home, Professional, and Enterprise versions of Windows. What sort of graphic file? Raster Image (.bmp, tif, png, Photoshop) or Vector Graphic? The devil is in the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. Sorry. O/S is: Windows 7 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no conflict with Windows 7 Pro (32-bit) Frame 10 or 11, I have experienced no problems with Windows 8 or 8.1 64-bit with Frame 11 and Office 2010 or 2013. What virus/spam/spyware protection are you using? What file system?

I seem to remember using a product called Black Ice that caused various problems with my PC crashing that made me stop using it but that was years ago. Many virus/spam/spyware protection can be overzealous and cause problems. You might try turning all such protection off and see if the issue continues. If perchance you are not using any such software to protect your system then install some and see if there is any malware that could be causing a problem.

I am not trying to deflect the issue from Adobe software. But if this was a wide-spread issue we would be hearing about it. We need to find out what on your system is causing this incompatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. Sorry. Windows 7 PRO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines