Are you able to supply more information please, such as:
- your operating system and version of InDesign (e.g. MacOS 10.7.5, running IDCS6);
- are you merging using the multiple record feature (i.e. many records on one page) or are you merging one record/page(s);
- is the text box big enough to accommodate the placeholder OR the text from the merge that will replace the placeholder;
Is there any chance you could package the file and the txt file used for the merge and upload the art to dropbox or similar cloud server so that users here can try and replicate the fault?
Hi Colin, please see below for information requested….
· Operating System – Windows 7 Using In Design CC
· I’m not using the multiple record option but when exporting PDF I can export up to 20,000 records – which leaves me one PDF document with multiple pages (hope this makes sense)
· The box is big enough for the placeholder/merged placeholder
I could upload the file to dropbox but unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to provide you with the data file due to data protection.
However, when creating a fictitious database I still experience this problem therefore, the issue must lie in the document itself and not the data.
Please see atatched In Design document & PDF when exporting with placeholder.
I don’t have ant issues when I remove the placeholder and export
I have typed in at the bottom of the document “EMAIL GOES HERE” just so you know where to include the placeholder.
Data Processing Administrator
121 Direct Mail - 2011 winners of Royal Mails top award for the consistently highest performance in quality standards in production
121 Direct Mail Limited, Charter House, Latham Close, Bredbury Park Industrial Estate, Bredbury, Stockport, SK6 2SD
Tel: 0845 4000 121 Fax: 0844 877 0317
Web: www.121dm.co.uk <http://www.121dm.co.uk/>
Company Registration Number: 05532478
VAT Number: GB 872 1682 12
All quotes are given and accepted in accordance with our terms and conditions of business - http://www.121directmail.co.uk/index.php?page=terms-conditions <http://www.121directmail.co.uk/index.php?page=terms-conditions>
The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient (s). It may contain privileged and confidential information that is exempt from disclosure under English Law and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you are not the named recipient please notify the sender immediately. The contents of this e-mail or attachment may contain software viruses which could damage your own computer system. You should therefore carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment.
Please consider your environmental responsibilities before printing this email