2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2014 1:58 AM by billovius

Centring and page orientation are greyed out when I 'print booklet' as PS file

billovius Level 1

I am using CS5 (it's old, but hasn't given me any problems yet) and running OS Mavericks.

I need to print and bind a 10x13cm book I am working on.

The book will be bound in 16-page sections, so my aim is to produce one PDF for each 16-page section of the book.

Each PDF page will consist of two-up print spreads (i.e. pages 1-16, then 2-15, then 3-14, etc.)

As the book is smaller than A6, I can fit each spread on an A4 page, printed as 'landscape' orientation.

I will then send this PDF to somebody who will then print it on his double sides laser printer on A4 sheets.

I will fold, bind and trim the resulting pages and make a mock-up.

My problem is this:

> I go to "Print Booklet" and select "2-up saddle stitch" (this gives me the layout I need)

> I click on "Print Settings" and select "PostScript file" from the drop down menu (I will later distill the PS file)

However, when I go to Setup, the orientation and page position are all greyed out.

Consequently, when I print and distill the PS file it is sitting at the bottom left of a 'portrait' sheet (not centred on the sheet)

Do you know another way around this?

If I print directly to my inkjet, then I can control all the centring, etc. but as I need to create a PDF to send to someone else, it isn't much help.

Any help would be much appreciated!