2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2014 1:10 AM by Finchy911

Photoshop CS6 - 64bit Edition wont hold print settings but 32bit version will.

Finchy911

Hello all, I really hope somebody can help me with this issue.

I work in an educational establishment and we have both 32 and 64bit versions of Photoshop CS6 (Predominately 64x) and for some reason when you go to print and change paper size, scaling e.t.c when you hit 'Ok' it reverts back to the default which is "Paper Size - Letter" e.t.c. Meaning I have to transfer it into another program - like save it as a PDF and print it through that in order to print on larger paper sizes and scaling options. Strangely the 32x edition doesn't have this problem.

I've been through settings, attempted reinstall. Even going through the settings of the 32x and making sure everything is identical to the 64x set up.

Please tell me I'm missing something simple here because this has become a real melon scratcher for me.

Any Help is Appreciated.

Chris J

(Finchy911)

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS6 - 64bit Edition wont hold print settings but 32bit version will.
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You have not provided any system info, details about what printers you use, their configuration, driver numbers etc. so nobody can even take a guess.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS6 - 64bit Edition wont hold print settings but 32bit version will.
            Finchy911 Level 1

Apologies.

System info:

Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit Edition - Intel I7 (3.40Ghz) - 16Gb RAM - Nvidea Gforce GTX 660

Windows 8 Enterprise 64Bit Edition - (Specs same as above)

Printers used/problem observed on:

HP Designjet t7100 using driver as follows

Driver Name: PrintQueue.inf

Class Guid: {1ED2BBF9-11F0-4084-B21F-AD83A8E6DCDC}

Driver Date: 06/21/2006

Driver Version: 6.3.9600.16384

This would be the printer we most observe the problem on as its a large format printer and Photoshop wont allow us to print in anything above 'Letter'.

The Printer is a networked printer that is hosted on our Windows 2008 Server R2 and shared to the rest of the PCs in our organization through that server.

As previously mentioned the 32bit edition of Photoshop doesn't appear to have any issues printing with custom settings but the 64bit edition ALWAYS reverts back to default Paper size and scaling.

Once again apologies for the lack of information.